A Search Cloud Provider article shared some tips for managed service providers (MSP) and system integrators to follow when they partner with a larger cloud provider. The article shares suggestions on how to avoid “cloud lock-in.”
- Assess the financial health of the cloud provider.
- Make sure the provider has an adequate data backup and disaster recovery plan.
- Understand the data migration plan.
- Study the fine print of the contract.
- Avoid developing directly to the cloud service provider’s proprietary application programming interfaces (APIs).
What do you think about this list – do you agree, and these tips are Ripe, or is this just Hype?