The data center is at the heart of your IT environment. Your IT environment must operate at its peak performance in order to keep your business running optimally. Therefore, in order to keep your IT environment running optimally you need to ensure that your data center is in the best condition that it can be.
Logicalis has come up with 10 best practices for the heart of your IT environment (your data center):
- Collaborate: It is important to have collaboration between IT and the facilities department, and even the CFO.
- Coordinate: Understand that specialists can only do what they know, therefore people will need to work together to get things done.
- Calibrate: Establish benchmarks and utilize measurement aids for better power management.
- Go Green: Look for new advances in cooling design concepts to save your company money and lower your carbon footprint at the same time.
- Rationalize: Decide what requirements the data center needs to meet and keep the process of meeting those needs simple.
- Virtualize: Reduce the number of physical servers you need and ensure all your servers are running at appropriate load levels.
- Optimize: Make sure that everything in your data center is working at its best.
- Comply: Standardize your data center, which will in turn make it easier to maintain and upgrade.
- Automate: Automate routine processes, which can reduce operational costs, free up valuable human resources, and standardize procedures.
- Align: Align your data center with your corporate strategy.
Do you believe that these 10 practices will help keep your data center in optimal condition and this is ripe? Or are these tips hype?