Our team is having a great time here at Cisco Partner Summit in Las Vegas! Here are some of our highlights from Day 1:
- We’re thrilled about the emphasis that Cisco places on partners. Our theme this year is “Amazing Together,” which Cisco CEO John Chambers added to by describing Cisco’s decision to work through partners starting 20 years ago was “the best decision.” Thanks Cisco for your commitment to our partnership!
- Like last year, the Internet of Everything is, well, everywhere! Cisco identifies this as a $19 trillion opportunity, and John explained his belief that we’ve hit an “inflection point” here. Big changes are happening in IT and will continue to happen even faster, so we need to be ready to get a little uncomfortable and adapt to a new landscape faster than ever before.
- Cisco also announced the slight reorganizing of its partner program, to be more focused on bringing in partners who can help us capitalize on the Internet of Everything. This means that software providers, consulting firms and other tech vendors can now be a part of Cisco’s Partner Ecosystem. There’s also a new Solution Partner Program, which you can read about in more detail here.
- To keep up with the fast-changing IT landscape, Cisco is also adopting new certifications, specializations and incentives for partners. Read more on this here.
And from Day 2:
- We heard from 5 of Cisco’s top-level leaders, who elaborated on next generation IT, collaboration, intercloud, security and services. Among each of these topics, we came away realizing just how fast IT is changing today—as quickly as collaboration, cloud and other services are evolving, security must also evolve to keep up with this new landscape. You can read more about each of these topics here.
- We won 2 awards from Cisco! The Cisco Capital Partner of the Year and Architectural Excellence in Collaboration. See below for photos of our team with the awards. Great job everyone!