As the business intelligence (BI) market reaches $13 billion, IT leaders searching for new solutions are increasingly choosing cloud-based tools to analyze their operations. For good reason, too—BI solutions with their roots in the cloud consistently receive higher satisfaction scores and often cost less to implement when everything is said and done.
Consider this research:
- 54% of IT leaders would choose a cloud-based BI solution for a new environment, against just 14% who would prefer on-premise
- 80% of those who choose cloud BI are satisfied with their service, versus only 51% who are satisfied with their on-premise solution
- Cloud has a definite speed advantage: 83% of respondents say they can implement cloud BI faster, against only 4% for on-premise
- Cloud also has a cost edge, with 68% of cloud BI implementations coming in at or below expected costs, while 54% of on-premise solutions met their cost expectations (this means nearly half of on-premise implementations exceeded cost estimates!)
- 44% said on-premise requires more user training, vs just 5% who think cloud needs more training for employees to learn
- On-premise solutions also lag behind in frequency of use, with 51% saying that cloud BI is accessed more often by more employees, against just 18% for on-premise
- Predictably, literally 0 respondents said on-premise was better for mobile accessibility
Do you have any experiences that make you for or against cloud BI? Tell us about it below.