There are many ways that Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications help both software providers and their customers. Here’s a quick rundown of some of the key benefits:
- More modern application experiences: Users value a fresh interface, and SaaS gives software providers the ability to architect user-friendly solutions that meet customer expectations—particularly those on mobile devices.
- Accelerated feature delivery: SaaS applications are updated more frequently than traditional on-premise software, which means customers can take advantage of new features almost as soon as they become available.
- Reduced support costs: SaaS reduces operational costs by shifting the responsibility for hardware and software maintenance to the hosting provider.
- Simplified IT: When using SaaS applications, customers don’t have to worry about procurement and complex implementation projects.
- Financial: SaaS eliminates capital expenditures. There’s also elasticity and less commitment—customers pay for what they need when they need it.
For Software Providers
- Accelerated time to value and increased revenue: Architecting and implementing SaaS is incredibly time-intensive and labor-intensive. But partnering with a hosting partner provides the necessary infrastructure, which speeds up go-to-market efforts.
- Scalability and availability: SaaS features include rock-solid system performance and availability as well as the ability to scale up or down quickly as customer needs change. Leading SaaS partners also provide ITIL-based processes to ensure consistent performance 24×7.
- Increased customer satisfaction: Going to market quickly…providing a modern user experience…accelerating feature deliver…and reducing IT support costs—they all add up to retaining existing customers while simultaneously adding new customers.
Leading SaaS platform providers offer guidance in choosing the best technologies and help with mastering service-based models. This gives software providers and customers the ability to off-load the heavy lifting of cloud architectures and hosting. By partnering with a SaaS platform provider, software providers also stand to gain numerous strategic and operational advantages compared to going it alone.
To find out how Logicalis can help your organization leverage the cloud to increase revenues, improve margins and enhance customer experiences, visit http://www.us.logicalis.com/microsites/cisco-isv/.