How AIOps Powers Digital Transformation and Re-Defines IT
As IT plays a more active role in business differentiation, Gartner predicts that “large enterprise exclusive use of AIOps [artificial intelligence operations] and digital experience monitoring tools to monitor applications and infrastructure will rise from 5 percent in 2018 to 30 percent in 2023.” That’s significant.
Digital transformation through AIOps is about improving the user experience, whether it’s IT users or end-users. It bridges the needs of the business with emerging technologies, from cloud to the Internet of Things (IoT) to big data and artificial intelligence (AI).
What’s driving this transformation of user and IT experience?
- Unpredictable and intense competition
- Business innovation
- Downward cost pressures
- New and changing customer demands
- Changing business models
While barriers may slow organizations down, business requirements are only increasing. The result is organizational tension, business and IT misalignment, and shadow IT. The answer? Leverage the skills of managed service providers who specialize in solving these issues and can offer a digital transformation-capable solution.
Evolution of the managed services model
But not all managed services providers are the same, from the services they offer to how they approach the customer experience. Consider how approaches to managed services have evolved over the years:
- Reactive – Single event and threshold based, single service definition
- Smart Reactive – Some correlation and limited visualization
- Predictive/Preventive – Automation, machine learning, service performance
While MSPs have progressed in their approach to services over the years, they’re all over the board in their evolution. Blasting past barriers and succeeding with digital transformation requires a next-generation MSP that offers prediction and prevention.
These five criteria can help you tell whether your MSP has transitioned to next-generation managed services. Ask if they have the skills to:
- Provide new pricing models built around outage prevention and business uptime.
- Unify management of on-premises and multi-cloud environments.
- Utilize advanced technologies for improved operations.
- Address security holistically and apply a unified security framework across environments.
- Leverage artificial intelligence operations or AIOps—that is, AI, machine learning, and automation technologies.
This last point uniquely differentiates next-generation MSPs from MSPs. According to Gartner, AIOps platforms:
“…are software systems that combine big data and AI or machine learning functionality to enhance and partially replace a broad range of IT operations processes and tasks, including availability and performance monitoring, event correlation and analysis, IT service management, and automation.”
Not only do next-generation managed services providers leverage AIOps, they define operational service excellence by outcome-based service delivery. Consider these kinds of outcomes when evaluating next-generation MSPs:
- Assurance – High levels of uptime by predicting and preventing impacts.
- Awareness – Enhanced information to make immediate decisions.
- Response – Ability to make quick decisions that can have positive impacts.
- Results – Realization of digital transformation by removing barriers and delivering results.
Logicalis: Your next-generation, AIOps-powered MSP
The proprietary Logicalis Digital Service Platform (DSP), powered by AIOps, will provide high degrees of scale, machine learning, and automation. This highly anticipated, future-forward platform—the result of years of studying the market, researching advanced technologies, building partnerships, refining our processes, and listening to and anticipating our customers’ needs—is set to launch in early 2021.
Where traditional MSPs monitor devices and create incidents—and some may even have event management—Logicalis uses machine learning, automation, collaboration, and analytics to significantly amplify the managed services we deliver to our customers.
We incorporate our own technical and operational intellectual property (IP), use data scientists to write and adjust algorithms to optimize our analytics engine, and have optimized our service delivery tools and adjusted our service delivery to optimize the tools.
The result is amplified services through richer insights/visibility, prediction and prevention, and automated resolutions and responses.
How does the Logicalis Digital Service Platform benefit you?
- Greater levels of business continuitythrough early incident detection, remediation, and incident prevention—resulting in significant reduction in outage cost.
- Business disruption prevention by intelligently correlating events and systems and detecting anomalies and behavioral patterns for advanced warning of system issues—ensuring maximum business productivity.
- Improved system performance through early detection and remediation of performance issues and resource constraints—delivering maximum system productivity.
- Enhanced user experience through optimized service activation, operational excellence, and service level coordination—ensuring maximum user productivity.
- Accelerated time to value with all relevant services inter-connected and activated as your service goes live—for accelerated business value.
- Consistent global experience with all Logicalis operations centers and engineers delivering services through DSP—for a unified, optimized global engagement.
- AIOps efficiencies that deliver extremely competitive pricing in the marketplace—for even more competitive pricing.
As an example, traditional MSPs typically agree to mean time to resolution (MTTR) within hours. But when clustering, anomaly detection, and prediction/machine learning are applied, Logicalis DSP turns hourly MTTR to negative MTTR—that is, issues are resolved before they happen! For many businesses, this 100 percent system availability can be converted into real revenue.
Ultimately, Logicalis DSP distinguishes itself from other AIOps-powered services because of our comprehensive approach, use of the latest technologies, and improved business outcomes for customers with a consistent global experience. Use this checklist to evaluate your MSP.