According to a recent Computerworld article, IT leaders have noticed that recent IT graduates are lacking the skill sets CIOs value. Things like communication skills, customer service skills, an understanding of how to behave professionally, and specific business and technical skills top the list of lacking skills.
Computerworld talked with IT managers and discovered six key skills they wish their newest hires had picked up in college:
- Knowledge of business basics
- Experience with systems integration
- Emerging technologies enterprise
- The tech basics
- Familiarity with legacy systems
- The ability to work on a team
Do you think recent IT grads are lacking these skills, and this is Ripe? Or is this list just Hype? We’d love to hear your experiences with recent IT grads in the comments below.