Countless IT professionals would say that security is a priority when it comes to their data. But most of the time their actions toward their data centers, including the cloud, do not reflect a priority on security. In fact, many organizations decide to implement a private cloud because of security reasons, but when they build out the cloud they don’t seem to focus on security.
Organizations need to have a security policy that applies to their data center. Von Williams, from Logicalis, has found that taking these 5 steps within your data center can lead to a solid security policy:
- Risk Assessment: How much risk can the organization accept?
- Data Ownership: Who owns the data?
- Data Classification: How is the data classified?
- Auditing and Monitoring: How is the data watched?
- Incidence Response: What is the reaction to any data security breach?
Do you agree that taking these steps can lead to a solid security policy, making this information ripe? Or is this information hype?