Companies are using the cloud because of its efficiency, cost, analytics, customer service, and more. Using the cloud seems like a good idea, and it is. But it isn’t something that works well without considering factors such as investment, innovation, budget and staff.
That is why Computerworld has come up with 6 tips to help maximize cloud investment.
- Form a cloud governance board: This is a task force that oversees the use of cloud technology
- Gamify adoption: Use game mechanics to bring everyone onboard
- Prime the feedback loop: Figure out what your people need, like, don’t like and want next
- No graduation day for training: You need to continue to train your workforce
- Don’t think of the cloud as simple: The infinite flexibility of the cloud adds a new layer of complexity you might not expect
- Use naughty words: Use “dirty words” such as “outsourcing” for the right talent resources at the right time
Will considering these 6 tips help to maximize your company’s cloud investment, and these tips are ripe? Or are these tips hype?