Our team wrapped up its first day at Cisco Partner Summit on Tuesday, and it was a full day! We heard from Cisco Chairman and CEO John Chambers, SVP of the Worldwide Partner Organization Bruce Klein, and SVP of Worldwide Channels Edison Peres. Here’s a recap of what they had to say:
- Bruce spoke first, announcing the conference theme of “Today | Tomorrow | Together.” He emphasized how Cisco is dedicated to a future that includes continuing and growing its current partnerships.
- John then re-emphasized this commitment to partnerships: “We partner for life, we are old fashioned that way.” He also shared some of Cisco’s current top priorities, including:
- The Internet of Everything
- On being the world’s #1 IT company
- Making business decisions that assume the economic recovery will continue steadily
- Growing Cisco’s strengths in the midmarket segment
- Edison closed out the opening session by noting that, unlike past times of accelerated technology change, our current era is also seeing simultaneously rapid changes to core business models. Like the others, he emphasized that Cisco will be continuously adapting to these changes in close coordination with their partners, and sees these partnerships only growing stronger in the future.
For more frequent updates from Boston, follow us at @LogicalisUS on Twitter, or connect with us on Facebook or LinkedIn. More updates coming soon!