For independent software vendors, the cloud opens a host of possibilities for increasing revenue, improving margins and enhancing customer experiences—particularly when partnering with a cloud service provider with ISV channel experience.
Here’s a quick rundown of five ways the cloud drives business for ISVs:
- Access to New Customers: Making applications available as a hosted solution frees ISVs and their customers from purchasing costly infrastructures to support the applications. This is key because customers no longer want to invest in IT infrastructures and personnel to support the applications.
- Faster Time-to-Market: By leveraging a cloud provider with an ISV channel program, ISVs can bring their software to market much faster compared to building another delivery model in house. The provider can also free up ISVs and their customers from commonplace, time-consuming tasks such as managing the infrastructure, monitoring incident reports and responding to alerts.
- Improved Customer Experience: Leading cloud providers already have the right people, processes, facilities, enterprise architectures, tools and service desk offerings that make it easy and cost-efficient for ISVs to keep tabs on how well their software performs. ISVs can even work with the provider to run synthetic tests to proactively make sure their apps hold up under heavy stress.
- Increased Profit Margin/New Revenue Streams: Cloud providers with extensive managed service capabilities can enable ISVs to deploy their solutions in less time—which increases margins. They also enable ISVs to provide complimentary services, such as Infrastructure-as-a-Service, application management, disaster recovery and others that generate new revenue streams.
- Stringent Security: Advanced cloud platforms meet stringent process and control audits (i.e., SSAE-16). They can also help ISV customers meet industry-standard regulatory compliance needs such as PCI, HIPAA, GLBA, SOX, and FISMA.
To find out more about how Logicalis can help your ISV organization leverage the cloud to increase revenues, improve margin and enhance customer experiences, visit http://www.hcisv.com/