There are many ways that identifying the right technology partner to SaaS-enable applications is beneficial to software providers and their customers. When considering the guidance a partner can offer in choosing the best technologies as well as help with mastering service-based models and the ability to off-load the heavy lifting on cloud architectures and hosting, software providers stand to gain numerous strategic and operational advantages compared to going it alone.
Here’s a quick rundown of some of the primary benefits for software providers and their customers:
Key Customer Benefits
- More modern application experience: Users value a fresh user interface, and SaaS gives software providers the ability to architect user-friendly solutions that meet customer expectations—particularly those on mobile devices.
- Accelerated feature delivery: SaaS applications are updated more frequently than traditional software, which benefits both the providers (possible new revenue) and their customers (new features).
- Reduced support costs: SaaS reduces costs by outsourcing hardware and software maintenance. The software provider can pass the savings to customers while delivering solutions more profitably.
- Simplified IT: When using a SaaS application, customers don’t have to worry about procurement and complex implementation projects. At the same time, they reduce on-going management and support.
- Financial: SaaS eliminates capital expenditures. There’s also elasticity and less commitment—customers pay for what they need when they need it.
Key Software Provider Benefits
- Accelerated time to value and increased revenue: Architecting and implementing SaaS is incredibly time-intensive and labor-intensive. A hosting partner provides the necessary infrastructure, which speeds up go-to-market efforts.
- Scalability and availability: SaaS features include rock-solid system performance and availability as well as the ability to scale up or down quickly as customer needs change. Leading SaaS partners also provide ITIL-based processes to ensure consistent performance 24×7.
- Increased customer satisfaction: Going to market quickly, providing a modern user experience, accelerating feature delivery, and reducing IT support costs all add up to retaining existing customers while simultaneously adding new customers.
To find out how Logicalis can help your organization leverage the cloud to increase revenues, improve margins and enhance customer experiences, visit http://www.us.logicalis.com/microsites/cisco-isv/.