IT transformation, generally described as the complete overhaul of a company’s IT systems, enables IT teams to become more analytical, proactive and responsive to changing business requirements. To help our clients understand how the different stages of IT transformation can affect their organizations,
Logicalis and HP sponsored a study by the Ponemon Institute that also helps identify the challenges in advancing through each stage their IT transformation.
Organizations engaged in the IT transformation journey will find this research helpful in making the case for investing resources to progress through the various stages. Here’s a glimpse into some of the key IT transformation findings:
- Achievement requires management’s vision of what is needed to make their IT function more effective. A lack of vision is the biggest hurdle to IT transformation.
- As part of IT transformation, IT functions need to become more analytical and spend more time on business-focused solutions.
- Companies in the later stages of their transformation achieve benefits such as the ability to respond and support business changes with the necessary in-house expertise.
- The cost of IT system inefficiencies and failures decreases for companies in the later transformation stages.
- Minimizing the risks associated with shadow IT is a challenge for all organizations in every stage of an IT transformation.
- A company’s confidence to overcome threats to IT system availability and performance increases dramatically in the later stages.
- CEOs and COOs play a bigger role in setting IT priorities in companies that have progressed to the later stages of an IT transformation. The boards of directors also become more attentive to IT regulatory compliance.
- No matter what stage a company is in, trusted vendors and other third parties are critical to achieving a complete IT transformation.
To provide you with further help in your IT transformation journey, Logicalis has developed a chart that describes each step of the journey and a simple quiz to determine where your organization is currently at. To learn more, visit http://www.unlikeanycloud.com/