Forrester Research predicts 83 percent of enterprises will expand or implement a converged infrastructure in the next 12 months. This comes as no surprise to tech-savvy CIOs—they have always known that converged infrastructures offer a myriad of technical and business advantages.
But what is changing is how converged infrastructures are being used—in ways that that literally spell relief for the shadow IT woes faced by many CIOs.
Deploying converged infrastructures to run mission-critical applications and workloads like virtual desktops and mobility are perfect examples: The organization gets the benefits of a converged infrastructure where it’s needed most, and the CIO establishes a high-performing model that can be extended incrementally throughout the organization as time and resources allow.
Here are 12 more reasons to use converged infrastructures for targeted workloads:
- Accelerates the speed to deploy new applications, which means faster time-to-revenue
- Increases responsiveness to business changes, aligning IT with business needs
- Enables applications to be updated without disrupting service level agreements
- Simplifies and standardizes IT infrastructures
- Reduces internal operating expenses and simplifies IT spend
- Reduces risk by providing an IT platform that is fully supported by a single provider
- Provides a platform that supports consistent scalability to meet business growth
- Produces pre-built systems that can be bolted on as needed
- Makes upgrades predictable and non-disruptive
- Provides flexibility to meet constantly-changing requirements
- Offers a consistent foundation for IT governance, risk mitigation and compliance
- Enables internal IT departments to deliver services that business users have increasingly turned to external cloud services for—thus effectively ending “shadow IT”
To help IT pros explore converged infrastructures further, Logicalis is offering a downloadable white paper, “Converged Infrastructure for Targeted Workloads: Using Converged Infrastructures to Catapult Your IT Environment into the Future of Computing.”
Also learn more by listening to Samad Ali, our converged infrastructure expert, discuss the benefits and challenges of converged infrastructures in this this WatchIT video.