How to Spend 85% Less Time Managing Your Storage Infrastructure
There’s no question that there’s been a tectonic shift in digital transformation this year. What might have taken years to accomplish before the pandemic has taken mere months as organizations have struggled to, first, find their footing and then move to an agile model that puts digital first.
That agility is key to recovery. Fast-changing markets and customer demand mean that IT teams can’t afford to be bogged down babysitting infrastructure that supports mission-critical applications and data. Or to sacrifice agility for reliability. No, they need to support remote workforces and spin up new services to support business-critical initiatives. They need to innovate. And that means modernizing their storage environment.
In the modernized data center, data is king. Enterprise storage, the understudy to compute and network, must now take center stage. As availability of business-critical apps and data gets pushed into the modernization spotlight, organizations demand cloud-like storage without the performance and reliability trade-offs typically associated with legacy storage solutions.
There are basic questions that must be answered, namely:
- How can storage be simplified so that IT teams can re-focus on new business and strategic initiatives?
- How do you eliminate the time your IT teams spend solving problems so you can ensure business continuity?
- Perhaps most importantly, how can you accomplish these seemingly impossible feats while conserving precious cash?
3 steps to modernizing your storage environment
Modernizing your storage environment can be complicated but having the right strategy can simplify things. Here are three steps to modernization:
- Re-claim IT time. Prior to the pandemic, digital transformation crept along at a snail’s pace. Complex legacy infrastructures required IT teams to spend massive amounts of time ensuring that it could support business-critical apps and data. But now, hanging on to and babysitting legacy infrastructures can stop a business in its tracks. Post-pandemic, replacing outdated infrastructures with streamlined, automated storage architectures helps you re-claim IT time away from infrastructure management and divert it to business innovation that drives the bottom line.
- Keep business humming. Instead of your IT team constantly reacting to fire drills, artificial intelligence (AI) uses prediction and prevention to proactively keep apps and data always available and accessible. Minor issues are fixed before problems occur, and more complex issues provide automated intelligence and resolutions for fast repair. Your business won’t miss a beat.
- Conserve your capital. The uncertainty brought about by the pandemic has kept many organizations from laying out capital upfront, preferring instead to conserve cash. A consumption-based, pay-as-you-go model similar to public cloud offerings is an ideal way to operationalize costs while accelerating digital transformation. This is an especially good option for organizations that want to keep mission-critical apps and data on premises under their care and control. It also enables resources to be scaled as needed to accommodate spikes in demand, spin up new business initiatives, and perform data-intensive tasks. Some organizations are even getting out from under any sort of responsibility for managing their storage infrastructure by turning management over to their vendor. This model not only provides cloud-like benefits—lower costs and ample agility—it reduces risk.
Making storage simple: HPE Primera + HPE Nimble + HPE InfoSight
Fortunately, HPE can help you re-claim and re-focus your IT team, keep business humming, and reduce and operationalize costs with a consumption-based model.
Self-healing, self-optimized HPE Nimble and HPE Primera offer real-time autonomous operations, enabling you to simplify storage management. They deploy fast, with little intervention from your IT team, and enable you to match price, performance, and resiliency to your specific workload.
Add AI-driven HPE InfoSight and automatically receive real-time predictions into application behavior and performance patterns to prevent disruptions and ensure mission-critical apps and data are always available and accessible. In fact, with HPE InfoSight:
- 86 percent of issues are automatically predicted and resolved;
- IT teams spend 85 percent less time managing and solving problems; and
- 54 percent of resolved issues are beyond the storage realm.
Finally, HPE GreenLake brings cloud-like, as-a-service benefits to both HPE Nimble and HPE Primera with capacity on demand and pay-as-you-go pricing—without overprovisioning or upfront capital investments. HPE also services and maintains the equipment, freeing your IT team to innovate for your organization. You’ll like the results:
- 30-40 percent capex savings;
- 60 percent reduction in outside fees;
- 75 percent faster time to market; and
- 40 percent savings on IT resources.
Logicalis: Your HPE Platinum Partner and solution provider
An HPE partner since 1993, Logicalis has a strong relationship with the HPE team, is HPE-authorized in 15 countries, and knows HPE technologies inside and out. We’re also committed to delivering the right solution to enable your modernization initiatives.
To start, we’ll conduct an executive-level workshop with your key stakeholders to fully understand your needs. Then we’ll perform an assessment, before architecting a storage solution for your consideration.
Brandon Harris is the Senior Director/Data Center Technology Sales for Logicalis, responsible for helping to solve customers’ data center issues.