How to Protect Your Organization from the Great Resignation
In 2021, 47.8 million workers quit their jobs, an average of nearly 4 million each month—a trend that continues today.
Phillip Kane, CEO of Grace Ocean and author of the just-released book, The Not So Subtle Art of Caring: Letters on Leadership, says that many people decided to check out due to discrimination, mental health issues, a need to escape toxic work environments, and a desire to create more work-life balance. He describes it as a “decision to stop accepting the unacceptable.”
In this podcast, hosted by Senior VP of Integrated Practices Ed Konopasek, Kane discusses how it takes a shift of thinking to understand the why behind the movement as well as how to make positive change that impacts both employee and employer.
- How the Great Realization preceded the Great Resignation
- True caring vs going through the motion of caring
- Re-defining success in terms of outcomes
- How traditional approaches of leadership need to change
- Ways to attract and retain your best employees