With virtualization, smartphones and cloud computing, IT leaders have to avoid technical and political mistakes in IT security. CIO.com identified these five security mistakes as the biggest mistakes to avoid:
- Thinking that the business mindset of the organization is the same as five years ago.
- Failing to build working relationships between IT and upper-level managers.
- Not preparing for a data breach.
- Complacency with IT security vendors.
- Not understanding that virtualization has pulled the rug out from under everyone’s security footing.
What’s your opinion – are these the five biggest IT security mistakes (Ripe), or do you have other ideas of what even bigger blunders could be (Hype)? We would love to hear your top IT security mistakes in the comments below, too!