Between work, and personal life, the amount of data we are storing, and accessing, is at a new high. With all of this information out there, security becomes a major issue. Everything from bank records to business transaction histories and medical information could be jeopardized.
A CIO Update article suggested these seven security changes:
- Focus on security threats rather than security compliance alone
- Use data-centric controls not location-centric controls
- Social network awareness verses lockdown
- Reorganize traditional security teams
- Engage employees in interactive security awareness
- Focus on application security
- Monitor security in real-time
What do you think about this list? Is it Hype (not a good approach to security), or Ripe (a good approach to security)?