Now that your software company has migrated its on-premises solution to the SaaS delivery model, it’s important to take a step back and evaluate just how well your software performs in the cloud environment. While the SaaS model may meet your expectations, it may fall short from the perspective of your customers.
To make a proper evaluation, it helps to assess your performance in five key areas:
- Scalability: If you can’t scale your service easily, new orders won’t get fulfilled on-time. You may find yourself dealing with upset customers, or worse, they will take their business elsewhere.
- Performance: If customers get frustrated trying to navigate your application or experience long response delays, they won’t remain customers for very long.
- Technical Support: Do you react to customer problems quickly and resolve them swiftly? Ideally, you should offer multiple support channels—online chat, online forms, email and phone—so customers can choose the medium they like best. Proper staffing levels and trained personnel are also a must.
- Time-to-Value: How quickly does your app deliver value to your customers, and have you set their expectations accordingly? This requires a deep understanding into your customer ROI timelines and communicating that information clearly. Your app then needs to deliver as promised.
- Service Level: Does your app run all the time? Can users access the app anytime, anywhere from any device? In today’s business environment, you virtually need to ensure 100 percent uptime.
Properly evaluating your firm in all five areas typically requires the expertise of an outside firm that applies industry best standards and all the necessary tools to measure each area. Leading cloud partners can also advise on how to move the needle in the right direction. Doing so is paramount—application success and the success of your business depends on high marks in across all five measures.
Want to Learn More? Visit the Logicalis solution provider website.